This information is for students who declared the Plant Sciences major in Fall 2015 or later. If you declared the Plant Sciences major in Spring 2015 or earlier, your degree requirements are different. Contact Leah Cook, Undergraduate Program Coordinator, at 607-255-1257 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Students in the Plant Sciences major must complete three sets of requirements:
- College - View college requirements
- Major - View Major requirements
- Concentration - See information below
Plant Sciences concentrations
In addition to the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) requirements and Plant Sciences major requirements, students must complete requirements for a concentration within the major:
- Ecology of Managed Landscapes (Ecology)
- Plant Breeding & Genetics (Breeding)
- Plant Computational Biology (Big Data)
- Plant Evolution and Systematics (Evolution)
- Plant Molecular, Cellular & Developmental Biology (Physiology)
- Plant Pathology & Plant-Microbe Biology (Disease)
- Plants and Human Health (Phytotherapy)
- Soil Science (Soils)
- Sustainable Plant Production (Sustainability)
- Design Your Own Concentration (DYOC)
(Currently, you may not substitute a CALS minor or a second major for a concentration.)
Declaration of the intended concentration must be made by the beginning of the junior year for students matriculating as freshmen or sophomores and by the end of the first semester at Cornell for students matriculating as upper-class transfer students.
Detailed information about requirements for each of the Plant Sciences concentrations can be found here.