Passionate about plants?
Majoring in Plant Sciences will help you make a positive difference in the world. Plant science expertise is needed to address many of our most challenging problems:
- Producing enough food for a growing world population.
- Breeding plants to tolerate the heat- and drought-stress caused by climate change.
- Developing sustainable cropping practices to produce healthful and nutritious food.
- Investigating new methods to fight plant diseases.
- Restoring damaged ecosystems to better support those who live there.
- Conserving species, through plant collections in gardens and arboretums, for future generations.
Read more: 10 reasons to study plant science at Cornel
"Why Plant Science Is Right For Me"
Current majors explain why Cornell is a great place to study plant science.