Finding the art in our science!
Creativity drives our work and enriches our lives in the community of students, staff, faculty and friends of the School of Integrative Plant Science (SIPS).
To explore how we can strengthen the ties between art and science and take advantage of synergies between the two, we've launched the Art of SIPS Working Group. At our first meeting, we brainstormed possible projects and where we might focus our efforts. Some ways you might join in include:
- Contributing to our Instagram and other social media.
- Establishing web presence for our efforts.
- Identifying speakers we might want to invite or art events we might want to sponsor.
- Raising funds to support activities.
- Identifying spaces that could use art to enliven our workspaces.
- Identifying art we might be able to put in those spaces.
Want to join in or follow our activities? Have other ideas? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll add you to our mailing list.
Art as research - Research as art
Talk by Andrew Freiband, Artists' Literacies Institute at the Environmental and Sustainability Sciences Colloquium (ESS 2000) November 8, 2019
Double Allium sculpture installation at Cornell Botanic Gardens
June 3, 2019
Sculptor: Jenny Pickford http://www.jennypickford.co.uk
Installation: Jed Pickford
Made possible by the generosity of Anne Simon Moffat ’69 and Professor Keith Moffat
Video from our first public event
Lisa Schonberg and Secret Drum Band in Plant Science Building
March 27, 2019 | Visit Schonberg's website